Thursday, March 12, 2009

On Packing Lists

When preparing for this trip, I was trying out a bunch of online travel organization sites. Largely, none of them really had me coming back again and again.* I didn't want to super-organize the trip, I wanted flexibility for weather and how we felt each day, so the itinerary planning sites didn't work too well for me. I enjoyed checking out the suggestions and such, but they just didn't click with my travel personality.

However, for those who enjoy packing lists, I do want to recommend "don't forget your toothbrush." Basically, you get to create a personalized packing list. They provide you with a list of things that you choose to add to your trip list. Then they email you with your list of things for 2 weeks before, one week before, one day before, and the night before. Very handy for list type people like me. I do have one small criticism about the site. Under the "day before" category they list the item "Tell your wife/husband you are going away." I sure as heck hope that when people travel without their spouse, they have the sense to tell them further in advance than the night before!

2 comments:

Gareth said...

"Under the "day before" category they list the item "Tell your wife/husband you are going away." I sure as heck hope that when people travel without their spouse, they have the sense to tell them further in advance than the night before!"

This is intended for people like my father, who can be told a million times about Mom's trip, and will still be surprised and not remember when she actually heads out the door with a suitcase.

Either that, or he's just learned to tune her out completely after 35 years of marriage. :P

Lance said...

I think my wife went on a vacation. I cannot find her anywhere in the house. Could somebody please bring me some food? I'm so hungry...