Saturday, March 28, 2009

First Day of New York


The first day we arrived in New York, we decided to take it easy. We were going to be meeting Barbara's friend Jane at 4 in our hotel for dinner, but had no other fixed plans for the day. Our first order of business was finding some food for breakfast . . .





This place had some great bagels that were very large and tasty. So large that we couldn't finish them for breakfast so they came with us and served as some snacks throughout the day as well.

I wanted to go to a large electronics store that I had heard of to buy myself a small digital camcorder. It took a while for me to pick one and I'm pretty happy with my choice. Unfortunately, it looks like I lost the software CD somewhere along the way. So until/unless I order another one, I'll have to transfer files directly off the memory card with a card reader.











Then we headed to the Empire State Building. It has a New York Skyride attraction that takes you through a virtual tour of the city (the cheesy narration is provided by Kevin Bacon). Then up to the observation platform on the 86th floor.





























That evening we walked around Greenwich Village and had dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant. It was really fun hearing about the city from someone who lives there.

No comments: