Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally! A Post from NYC

Ok, I gotta be quick because I only get 10 minutes and then my session ends. I don't want to stand in the line up again.

So, things have been fabulous so far. We've done pretty much everything we set out to do.
  • Broadway
  • Circle Line
  • Statue of Liberty
  • Central Park
  • American Museum of Natural History
  • M&M World
  • Madame Tussaudes
  • Some shopping too

The Hotel is fabulous! We've either been out or too tired to hit up the free wine and cheese in the evenings, but they did have a free Merlot in the room when we checked in, which I've been greatly enjoying. The room is fairly quiet and very centrally located. The subways are great, but some of the stations are a bit smelly.

Ok, apparently typing registers as idle for the computer, so I may end the post sooner than I thought I would . . .

The weather has also been quite agreeable. One day of a bit of rain and today we got a bit of snow. But, now the sun is shining again and it's just nice and crisp.

We've yet to spot any celebrities in the city, but I'm not sure if I'd recognize them if I did see them in the street - too busy watching everything else. Oh, and this city is definitely a bad influence on jay-walking! Though I feel safer jay-walking with a crowd of New Yorkers than I do crossing legally at some intersections back home. Well, time to wrap it up. Still need to look up some actual info.

No comments: